Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Mission Trip to Haiti: Day 5

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted.  We're on the brink of having a little baby girl enter our lives and that has distracted me quiet a bit these past couple of days.

Day 5 started like all the other days.  We got dressed, went to breakfast (eggs and toast), and took the trip to the jobsite.  It was extra busy on the roads today.  It took us almost 2 hours to get there.  The sun was hot, the exhaust fumes were many, and the road was bumpy as usual.  All this combined to make me very car sick. 

When we got to the jobsite, we unloaded supplies and a member of our group led a devotional on the Roman Roads.  Our task today was to take down the forms and begin putting on the trusses for the roofing system.  I was on the scaffolding.  When we got done with one side, we had to move the scaffolding to the next corner of the house.  It was then that I either pulled or tore a muscle in my chest.  I was in extreme pain.  I couldn't stand up, I couldn't sit down, and I could barely breathe without pain.  I ended up leaving the jobsite and headed back to the Villa.  

On the way back, I passed out.  I'm not sure if I passed out because of the pain or because of exhaustion.    The rest of the day was a blur for me.  I tried to take it easy in hopes that the pain would go away, but it didn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment