Monday, September 13, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

Football season is back, much to the dread of Briyana. I love watching football and every now and then can get Briyana to sit and watch it with me. I guess you could say watching football is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Another guilty pleasure Briyana and I share is sharing with couples our heart for ministry. This past week we had a couple meetings with friends. It was very encouraging. One of the couples asked how we felt about being in a transition period, while knowing God has called us to the mission field. We get that question a lot. Briyana and I feel that raising support is a ministry in itself. We get to share with our friends and family about what God is doing overseas and giving them a chance to participate in our ministry. It is fun to see people excited about missions. Though we long for the day when we are 100% funded, we know that God has us right where he wants us. He's preparing our hearts for ministry as well as helping us raise a support and prayer team.

This week I will be traveling to several cities in Texas. I've mentioned this before, but Briyana and I would greatly appreciate your prayers while I'm traveling. God willing, we hope this travel will be fruitful to our ministry.

In His Service,

Brent and Briyana

No comments:

Post a Comment